Friday, February 1, 2013

Catch the Chalkboard Technique Craze

Do you like learning new techniques?  I have an openning in my club that meets the first Friday of the month at 9am.  We make 3-4 cards.  Members take turns being hostess.  Let me know if you are interested in joining.  We are making this card in all my clubs this month.  The designer series paper is from Print Poetry Designers Series Paper Pack #129312 $6.95.  The pack is 48 sheets of 12 double sided designs measuring 4 1/2x 6 1/2.  It is a great price and has a lot of variety in one pack.  There are colors for women and men.

Here's how to make a Chalkboard Card.
Supplies needed:
Basic Black Card Stock
Whisper White Craft Ink or White Staz On Ink
White Emboss Powder
Heat Tool
Cloth Rag
White Pencil
Draw a white line with a white pencil (I used water color pencil) around the perimeter of your black cardstock.  Mine measures 3 3/4 x 3 3 1/2.  I made my lines 1/4" wide.  I used the grid paper  and a ruler to make my lines.  Stamp a variety of images on your "Chalkboard" with your white ink and apply embossing powder.  Heat with the heat tool.  You may want to stamp and emboss images one at a time so the ink doesn't dry on you before applying the powder to each one.  When done with all the images dip the cloth rag in the white ink and smear some ink like smudges on an erased chalkboard.  What a cool affect don't you think?

Primrose Petals card base 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, mat  4 x 5 1/4
DSP 1 x 4 1/4
Basic Black 3 1/2 x 3 3/4
In Color Dahlias
3/8" satin stitch primrose petals ribbon
Stamp Sets Used :
Feeling Sentimental(Sale-A-Bration Set available for free through March 22 with $50 order)
Vinatage Verses(Sale-A-Bration Set available for free through March 22 with $50 order)
Carry On(Hostess Set- Host during Sale-A-Bration and earn more stuff)
Call me at 352-561-4670 if you want to host a party or join my club.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this card, Carrie. I am not a good "embosser". Some day I must learn to do better because this is beautiful. Have a good weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete