Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Hometown Greetings Christmas Ornament

Here is the ornament I crafted for some of my friends this Christmas.  I used the Hearts Come Home Bundle priced at $47.50. You save 10% .  It will continue to be sold in January but no longer bundled.  Hometown Greetings Edgelits Dies $32 and Hearts Come Home stamp set $21 in clear mount.  I had such fun making these ornaments.  I purchased the plastic 2 part ball ornaments from Michaels.   You only use half for each ornament.   I also purchased the mica flakes snow from Michaels.  I colored the houses and trees with the new Stampin' Blends.  I inked the paper behind with Soft Sky and Marina Mist ink and stamped Santa with Archival Black Ink.  There are 2 rows of houses.  On the back row I cut away all but the middle house.  Here are some pictures of the construction. The hardest part was gluing the backing on.  Some I used Multipurpose Tombow glue and others I used hot glue.  The large white scallop on the back is a non Stampin' Up product.  The layering circles largest scallop circle is not quite big enough.


 
                                      Ink the background with sponges and stamp the Santa.
                                     Use the Stampin' Blends to color  the houses and trees.
                                                 I cut away all put the center house and tree.
                                        Glue first edgelit flat with Tombow glue.
                            Lay second edgelit over top adhering with dimensionals.
                                       Glue the edgelit pieces on and cut away the excess.

                                                Here's where I placed the dimensionals.

                                                Pile mica flakes carefully in the center.
                               Place glue around edge of inner circle.  Carefully place plastic ornament on top and let dry.
                                                      Snow mica flakes that I used.
I hope you will give this a try.  Maybe you can get started today for next Christmas.  I tell myself that I will start in January so I am not so rushed and stressed in November and December.  We'll see how that goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment