Thursday, June 2, 2016

Eye Popping Pop of Paradise


Here's a card I designed for class next week using Pop of Paradise stamp set.  I live in Sunny Florida as do most of my customers.  I think they are going to love this new stamp set.  I also used the new Layering Squares dies.  It has many straight squares and also scalloped squares.  I used the largest scalloped square to cut a mat for the flamingo out of Cucumber Crush cardstock. Starting with a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White paper I stamped the flamingo in a new In Color ink called Flirty Flamingo.   Don't you love the names Stampin' Up gives their ink pads?  I stamped the 2 different leaves in Cucumber Crush and the new In Color Emerald Envy.  Using 3 square dies sized 2 5/8", 1 5/8", and 7/8" I laid them all together around the flamingo image and ran the paper through the Big Shot.  The largest layer is popped up on the scallop square with 1 layer of dimensionals.  The next layer on 2 layers of dimensionals and the smallest on 3 dimensionals.  I tied a bow with Cucumber Crush thick bakers twine.  The hello greeting is done with gold heat embossing. The small flower from Botanical Builder die set and some gold wink of stella finishes it off.  The card base is 5 x 8 1/2" of Cucumber Crush cardstock.  I hope you are at class next week to make this fun card!

1 comment: