Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Door Prize Winners from 2015-16 Annual Catalog Open House

Thank you to all who attended the Open House yesterday.  We had 39 people who stopped by to see the 150 plus cards Nancy and I had on display.  If you are interested in signing up for any kit classes, we still have openings.  We will repeat the kit classes in Fall for those of you who are away for the Summer.  I will post pictures from the open house for the next few days.  I will also try to get them uploaded to my Create in the Sun Pinterest board.  Thank you to all of you who recently started following me.  I'm very tired from all the time preparing for the open house but it sure was Fun!  It's great to sit in work for long periods.  That's when I get the most creative.  So drum roll. . .
The winners are
1. Ann Marie Gervase the set of  5 In Color butterfly cards
2. Gloria Schwartz the set of 4  Gift from the Garden notecards
3. Hedy Durante the small easel butterfly card and matching envelope
4. Connie Overby the larger easel butterfly card and matching envelope
5. Mary Elizabeth Crane the set of 4 cards with the matching beach style bag made with The Bohemian paper pack.


My inspiration for this card came from a card I saw on Pinterest from Browyn Eastley.  See her card by clicking here.  She also made a larger butterfly which I also CASED, back months ago.  She sells here tutorials.  If you want to learn how to make this card, I'm happy to share how I made mine.  I used the new Watercolor Wings stamp set and Bold Butterfly and Butterflies Thinlits dies.  The Watercolor Wings and Bold Butterfly Framelits can be purchased as a bundle.  I stamped the first layer of the butterfly with Soft Sky, the outside edge of the butterfly with Lost Lagoon and the middle section with Bermuda Bay(my favorite SU color).  I used the same 3 colors for both sizes of butterflies.  I used silver foil paper to cut the lacy looking die layers.  To make the card base, start with a 6" x 4" sheet of Whisper White paper scored at 3" on the long side. Die cut the base of the card with the Bold Butterfly die with the fold line slightly below the top cutting edge.   The butterfly is 3 1/2" wide by 2 1/2" high.  Score the front of the card base at 1 1/4".  Then adhere the stamped and die cut butterfly to the front of the card.  Next attach the silver foil layer in the center of the butterfly with glue dots.  Follow with the small stamped butterfly and small foil butterfly layers, attaching in the idle only.  I then and some small pearls to the little butterfly and a large metal rimmed pearl in the center.  I also placed a few small pearls inside to hold the card front up.  Congratulations Hedy Durante in winning is door prize.        

1 comment:

  1. Love this butterfly card, Carrie. It is beautiful.
    Congrats to all the winners.

    ReplyDelete